Thursday, July 21, 2016

book recommendation: milk and honey- rupi kaur

hello lovelies! i've finally gotten my hands on this book recently (as in, it was delivered just today) & i finished reading it in less than an hour & i want to tell you guys about it! 


this book, milk and honey by rupi kaur, is a collection of prose & poems & snippets of writing. there are ideas of feminism, love, pain, rape, consent, loss, abuse, father-daughter relationships, break-ups, sex, & healing. there are so many pieces of writing in this book that i can relate to & i feel as if rupi kaur is reading my mind & looking into my heart. the pages may range from containing 2 lines to 9 paragraphs but every single word that she writes hits my soul.

the book is split into 4 chapters:
  1. the hurting
  2. the loving
  3. the breaking
  4. the healing
each chapter is as thoughtful & brilliant as the last. i would 10/10 recommend it to anyone who feels too much, who hurts too much, & who loves too much. to those that haven't read it, go read it! to those that have, how was it? did you love it as much as i did? 

2 comments:

  1. I bought this book for a friend for Christmas, and as I gave it to her she squealed with delight! Since we have a class or two together, I looked at snippets of it, and just had to order one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you did bc this is a book that everyone needs to read at least once in their lives!

      Delete