Saturday, May 25, 2019

an old piece i just re-discovered:

i won't be the victim, no
we've been at this for years now,
do you really love me?
i'll never believe you

you're starting to move on,
you're smitten by someone new
you're in love w her, me too
excuse me, i meant me 2

i am me 1 & she's me 2
i think it's quite funny
she's got the same name
she's me.2

she's the new & improved me,
she's the prettier me,
she's the better me,
the me that i couldn't be

but it's not your fault really
i would never hold you to it
we weren't meant to be,
you & me

i'm happy that you're happy
but sometimes i'm not happy
& it's hard to see you happy
but as long as you are

you don't need me to talk to anymore,
you've got a better ear
one that's there,
one that's near

that was always the problem wasn't it?
you said you'd give anything to change things
but it wouldn't have changed anything
i'm still here & you're still there

No comments:

Post a Comment