Saturday, August 12, 2017

BEHIND THE DESIGNS | think-sweetpea

do you guys remember my old post about partnering up w my friend on think-sweetpea.com? well i've added some new designs that i think ya'll would really like! seeing people wearing my designs make me so so happy & it would be great if there were more people wearing them

BEHIND THE DESIGNS:

i created a mountain design for a shirt a while ago but recently, i created a back design for that shirt. a lot of my church friends bought this design bc christians are suckers for shirts w bible verses (i'm not saying this in an offensive way- i, myself, am a sucker for bible verses). i hand-wrote the quote: "though the mountain may crumble, you will not [isaiah 54:10]" 
think-sweetpea has a collection of black pride clothing so i wanted to design something that sort of fit along those lines. i decided to do something more inclusive (since i am asian) & i ended up w this. it's a simple design that sends a message & hopefully other people will help spread the message when they buy the shirt
i've been in an art funk lately so i followed a lot of artists on twitter to get inspiration. i don't remember what i saw that made me want to draw medusa, but that's what i set out to do. at the beginning, my drawing was just terrible. but i tried again & again & the final product made me so proud- proud enough that i wanted it to be on a shirt. i actually ordered this shirt for myself bc i liked it so much (although i ordered it w the design a bit bigger)
so. ever since i learned to use illustrator, i wanted to do a line art version of myself bc it's a big thing on tumblr i guess. i chose this one picture of me dressed a bit punk-like & i made this design based off of it. the hair & the nose ring were hard but i love how it turned out
lastly, my newest design. i've been binge watching switched at birth. in the show, there is a character, bay, who is an artist. she is obsessed w frida kahlo & in one of the episodes, she went to mexico city & met someone who knew frida. i had also been on twitter & saw a frida kahlo tattoo design so i thought, wow i gotta do something frida-related. so i finally sat myself down & drew this while watching switched at birth

SO HEAD OVER TO THINK-SWEETPEA.COM & GET YOURSELF ONE OF MY DESIGNS BC IT'LL MAKE ME THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH

No comments:

Post a Comment