Thursday, January 10, 2019

MORE writing (hopefully)

when i started a blog, i honestly thought that i was gonna write more. i love to write- kinda poems, prose, a couple of sentences here & there. i have notebooks that i used to just word vomit in, where i would just write literally anything that came to mind, especially when i was upset. & sometimes, in that mess of my mind, i would find a phrase or sentence that would seem especially brilliant

my notebooks are, generally, my eyes only. i've made one video on youtube that shared my writing (i have no clue if it was good or bad bc there wasn't really any feedback- who even watches my videos anyways?). i always wanted to write something profound, something universal, something amazing but the words have a way of alluding me

sometimes when my mind is a mess, i stop to breathe & grab a notebook. i just let my mind race, as it does, & spill it all out on paper. or i try very hard to concentrate on the moment- my senses, what i hear, what i see, the little details that i notice, the song that i'm listening to. it's very therapeutic sometimes

i've been writing everything down since forever. i've kept multiple diaries (all destroyed), multiple blogs (some have been deleted), & countless of words in my notebooks. despite not writing anything good, i'm still a writer. a person who writes. i just don't do it so often & so publicly. but why not? why don't i write more? why don't i share more? it only takes 2 seconds to write a sentence & post it

maybe that can be my thing for the year. write more. post it. it's not too late to start- "new year" is just an arbitrary human construct anyway. so i'm going to TRY to post a little bit of something. some kind of writing- a sentence, a phrase, what i'm noticing in the moment, etc.

i might not write every day but i hope i do. sometimes life takes over & i'm too busy to pause or i'm too lazy to write. but that's okay, as long as i'm trying, as long as i'm writing a bit more

No comments:

Post a Comment